Monday, November 22, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow

This summer looks fruitful.

We have a pomegranate tree in our garden. We never knew what it was until a few years ago when pomegranates suddenly became a fashionable food. This Spring there were masses of flowers and you can see the fruit just starting to form.

Apart from pomegranate juice (which, personally, I find very bitter) I don't know what to do with pomegranates but it seems a shame to let them all go to waste.

If anyone knows what to do with pomegranates please let me know.


This year is the first time I decided to try growing tomatoes so I thought I would start with "window box" tomatoes, as you can grow them in a pot. I will definitely grow more of these next year.


We will also be in for a bumper crop of grapes this Summer, provided we can pick them before the birds get at them. Our border terrier loves grapes, and sits right underneath the vine so that he can hoover up any grapes that fall or that get dropped by the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment