Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One for the Birds


Not only are there birds in my garden, but there also seems to be a bit of a bird theme going on in the house as well. Usually I am quite purposeful in my collecting but this one seems to have happened by stealth.



I often wonder how long it takes a bird to make such an intricate nest. These are all abandoned nests which we have found in our garden.




I have made a series of pictures like this one, using vintage bird prints and superimposing them on vintage paper to make them more interesting. I will have some for sale at the next Unwrapped markets at the Urban Orchard, Perth Cultural Centre, on 12 September 2010.



This little fellow came from the Chapel Street Bazaar in Melbourne - one of my favourite places to go fossicking.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking me to the amazing flower prints - they are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete