Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fremantle Bazaar 2010

This is a the story of a day in the life of Fremantle Bazaar, which is the biggest Christmas market held in Perth.

Before the market even starts there is the task of fitting everything into the car. Because there will always be things which are awkward shapes and which you don't want to get damaged it is much more tricky than simply packing the car to go on holidays.


Then you get to the market venue and you have to make a million trips to and from the car with all your bits and pieces to set up your stall.



My vintage typewriter was a great conversation starter, especially with small boys who wanted to know how it worked.


One of the things I love about the Fremantle Bazaar is the convivial atmosphere as everyone sets up their stalls. You always meet someone that you know and total strangers offer to help carry your things. The grass is always freshly cut and the grounds of the Arts Centre are beautifully manicured in preparation for the once a year event.


And finally the people arrive and you don't have time to think for the next three days.


The Bazaar, which was a wonderful success, ended yesterday so things can now get back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christobel,
    As a fellow paper lover I was in heaven seeing your work and your stall! I only wish I had bought more! I have mentioned your work and blog in my blog onelittlestudio.blogspot.com and used a photo from this post (hope that's ok and I linked it back).. look forward to seeing more of your work soon!

    ReplyDelete